- Dublin Events
Concerts & GigsFrom large stadium events to o2 concerts and intimate pub gigs
Festivals and FairsMusic Festivals, Book Festivals, St Patrick's Festival. if it's on in Dublin you will find it here.
Theatre, Comedy and MusicalsPlays, pantos, sketches, musicals and comedy performances in Dublin.
Sporting EventsAll Major Sporting events taking place in Dublin in the coming months
Exhibitions, Shows and AwardsExhibitions, Shows and Awards on in Dublin.
Conference and ConventionsConferences and Conventions taking place in Dublin.
- Castle Hotel Events
Castle Hotel EventsSpecial Events at the Castle Hotel Dublin
- Dublin Attractions
Dublin AttractionsAttractions in Dublin and surrounding areas
- Travel Tips
Travel TipsTips and offers to help you get the most from your visit to Dublin
- Things to Do
Things to DoThings to Do in Dublin and surrounding areas.
- Dublin Top 10
Dublin Top 10Top Ten of Dublins pubs, clubs, restaurants, attractions and things to do and see.
- Christmas and New Year 2014
Christmas at the Castle HotelChristmas Festivities at the Castle Hotel 2014
Christmas PantomimeAll Christmas Pantomimes on show in Dubin 2014
Christmas EventsEvents in Dublin around Christmas 2014
Christmas ShoppingWhere to shop and grab yourself a bargain for Christmas 2014
New Year Events 2014/2015Events in Dublin New Years Eve 2014/2015
MapsMaps to places of interest DublinBOOK ONLINE NOWBe the first to receive our special offers
New to Dublin and becoming very popular is Walking Tours and the great benefit is it’s never been easier to find your way around the City.
Sademans New Europe Walking Tours is free and is highly recommended. It offers 3 hours of Walking Tour and covers all the main attractions and highlights you would expect such as, Temple Bar, Christ Church Cathedral, Georgian Dublin, Trinity College and Leinster House. The tour meets outside City Hall just off Dame Street every day at 11am and again at 1pm.
The tour guides are very knowledgeable and all work on a self employed basis and tips are always welcome!
Pat Liddy’s Walking Tours only operate from mid April throughout the end of October. Times differ in 4 different tours from 10am, 11am, 2pm and 3pm.
The 4 different tours are as follows:
* Highlights & Hidden Corners - This tour lasts roughly an hour and a half and leaves at 11am daily, Tickets are priced at 6.00 Euro and you receive a discount in Bewley’s Café, you pass by Temple Bar, Grafton Street and Trinity College.
* Viking & Medieval Dublin & Greet The Mummies – This tour lasts roughly 2 and a half hours departs at 10am, Tickets are priced at 12.00 Euro and takes you by Dublin Castle Courtyards, Archaeological Pavement Structures, the Viking Longship Memorial, The Four Courts, entry to St Michan’s Church and the tour finishes at the Old Jameson Distillery. This tour is closed on Sundays and Bank holidays.
* Trinity College, Georgian Quarter & Bog Bodies – This tour takes roughly 2 and a half hours and is priced at 10.00 Euro and departs from College Green. The tour includes Georgian doors and houses, the Oscar Wilde Statue and 18th Century former Irish Parliament House. The tour takes you on a visit the National Museum including the Bog Bodies and the former home of Bram Stoker, the Author of Drucula!!
* Castle & Cathedral – This tour lasts for 2 and a half hours and is charged 12.00 Euro and departs from College Green. Every Castle has its story to tell and this tours takes you on a journey of the Castle, Courtyards & Gardens, you will also visit the Chapel Royal, see the sculptures of Jonathon Swifts tale of Gulliver’s Travel’s and the Old City Walls. Take a look at the Haunted Marsh’s Library & gain entry into Saint Patrick’s Cathedral.
iWalks can be downloaded for free in many different languages from http://www.visitdublin.com/downloads/Dublin_Podcasts
Each iWalk comes with a FREE full colour brochure featuring maps and illustration. Use the iWalks as walking tour guides to the city, or just listen to them to discover the fascinating story of Dublin. All i walks are very near to the Castle Hotel or easily accessible by public transport.
There are many free iWalks available. Some of which are;
The historic north side
Castles and Cathedrals
Viking and Medieval Dublin
Temple bar to the docklands
In the steps of Ulysses
Dalkey and Dun Laoghaire
Malahide to Portmarnock
The Castle Hotel, Gardiner Row/Great Denmark St, Dublin 1, Ireland Tel: +353(0)1 874 6949 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Castle Hotel Events