- Dublin Events
Concerts & GigsFrom large stadium events to o2 concerts and intimate pub gigs
Festivals and FairsMusic Festivals, Book Festivals, St Patrick's Festival. if it's on in Dublin you will find it here.
Theatre, Comedy and MusicalsPlays, pantos, sketches, musicals and comedy performances in Dublin.
Sporting EventsAll Major Sporting events taking place in Dublin in the coming months
Exhibitions, Shows and AwardsExhibitions, Shows and Awards on in Dublin.
Conference and ConventionsConferences and Conventions taking place in Dublin.
- Castle Hotel Events
Castle Hotel EventsSpecial Events at the Castle Hotel Dublin
- Dublin Attractions
Dublin AttractionsAttractions in Dublin and surrounding areas
- Travel Tips
Travel TipsTips and offers to help you get the most from your visit to Dublin
- Things to Do
Things to DoThings to Do in Dublin and surrounding areas.
- Dublin Top 10
Dublin Top 10Top Ten of Dublins pubs, clubs, restaurants, attractions and things to do and see.
MapsMaps to places of interest DublinBOOK ONLINE NOWBe the first to receive our special offers
Founded in 1028, Christ Church Cathedral and is one of Dublin’s oldest buildings and is the elder of the capital city's two medieval cathedrals, the other being St Patrick's Cathedral.
The church was built by King Sitric Silkenbeard on the high ground overlooking the Viking settlement at Wood Quay and was and originally a wooden building
In the 1180s, Strongbow and other Norman magnates helped to fund a compl... More
The Guinness Storehouse is one of Dublin’s most popular tourist attractions, located at Saint James Gate in Dublin City Centre
The Guinness Storehouse is one of Dublin’s most popular tourist attractions, located at Saint James Gate in Dublin City Centre. The Storehouse was bought by Arthur Guinness as it was his dream to own a brewery. It is filled with wonder and p... More
Established in 1204, Dublin Castle is amongst the oldest surviving architecture in Ireland.
The Castle was largely rebuild in 1684 after a fire where it lost some of the old medieval Structure...
The twin towered entrance was replaced with the Bedford Tower, where originally the castle would have been equipped with th... More
Dublin Writers Museum
Ireland is a well-known country for its outstanding writers, poets and literatures and on the doorstep of the Castle Hotel is the Dublin Writers Museum.
The museum is one of the most famous attractions in Dublin where people visit to be swept away by Irish tales, focloir, poetry and excerpts from diary’s that were written by Irish literary hero’s such as Yeats, Beckett, Joyce, Heaney, ... More
O'Connell Street is one of Dublin's main streets in the heart of the City. The street is one of the widest streets in Europe. It measures around 49 metres (160 ft) in width and 500 metres (1650 ft) in length.
Until 1924 O’Connell St the street was known as ‘Sackville Street’. It was than renamed in honour of Daniel O’Connell, also known as the Liberator. He was a political leader of the early nineteenth. You will find a statue o... More
Trinity College is Irelands most famous and oldest University’s, it is located at College Green on Dublin’s Southside.
The college was founded in 1592 when a small group of citizens received a charter from Queen Elizabeth to find a University. The city corporation granted them a large amount of land, which had been abandoned for many years.
Book Of Kells - Trinity College
The Book Of Kells is one of Ireland’s most famous pieces of history.
The book of Kells is an extraordinary hand-drawn manuscript of the four gospels in Latin based on a Vulgate text, written on vellum (prepared calfskin).
Dating from the year 800, with colourful illumination & elaborate scripting ... More
The Old Jameson Distillery
The Old Jameson distillery, which is situated in Bow Street, was founded by John Jameson in 1780.
John Jameson was originally a Scotchman who embarked on a journey which involved him making his mark in Dublin, which many if not all will believe he achieved to the highest degree by making one of the world’s most loved whiskeys as by the 1... More
Aras an Uachtarain
Aras an Uachtarain is Home to the President of Ireland, is located in the Phoenix Park
The house was built in 1751, designed and owned by the park ranger Nathaniel Clements who was an amateur architect. In 1785 was subsequently acquired for £25.000 as an "occasional residence" for the Lords Lieutenant, (also known as the Vicer... More
National Botanic Gardens
The National Botanic Gardens are located in Glasnevin, just 3 km from Dublin city centre. These beautiful gardens cover a total area of 19.5 hectares, part of which is the natural flood plain of the River Tolka. The National Botanic Gardens are an oasis of calm and beauty, and entry is free.
The poet Thomas Tickell owned a house and small estate in Glasnevin and in 1795 they were sold to the Irish Parliament and given to the Royal Dublin Society for them to establish Ireland's first botanic gardens.
The original purpose of the... More
Dublin zoo is one of the oldest and most popular zoos in the world, where conservation and education combine to provide a great experience.
Dublin Zoo is Ireland’s most popular family attraction, and welcomed over one million visitors last year. Located in Dublin’s Phoenix Park it spans over 28 hectares and is home to over 400 animals. Many are rare species and t... More
Henry Street is located just off O’ Connell St and is one of the two principal shopping streets of Dublin (the other being Grafton Street), running from the Spire of Dublin(just off O’Connell Street) in the east to Liffey Street in the west.
Since the 1980s, Henry Street has been mostly pedestrianised. With some 33 million people visiting the street each year it is Dublin's favourite shopping district.
Henry Street is home to leading department stores... More
Bank Of Ireland, College Green
The Bank of Ireland, College Green, (opposite the main entrance to Trinity College) was originally the Irish Parliament Building.
The building was built in 1729 and was the world's first purpose built two chamber 9the House of Commons and the House of Lords) parliament building..
The building was sold to the Bank of Ireland for £40,000 when the Iris... More
The National Concert Hall
The National Concert Hall is located on Earlsfort Terrace on the south side of Dublin and close to St Stephen’s Green.
he National Concert Hall of Dublin was opened in 1981 on Earlsfort Terrace, just off St Stephen’s Green. It is well known for being the main venue for housing main classical concerts in Ireland.
There are 3 performing areas in ... More
Dublin City Hall
Between 1769 and 1779 Dublin City Hall was built and is located on Dame Street not far from Dublin Castle.
City Hall was once the site of the Royal Exchange, the building was bought by Dublin Corporation in the 1850s for use as a civic building. Today the building is used for meetings of Dublin City Council, with the bulk of the Council’s a... More
Kilmainham Gaol is one of the largest unoccupied jails in Europe, now empty of prisoners, it is filled with history!
The jail was built in 1789 and was officially called the County of Dublin Gaol, and was originally run by the Grand Jury for County Dublin. It has held generations of criminals some as young as 5 years old, as well as historic Irish hero’s a... More
St Patrick’s Cathedral
St Patrick’s Cathedral also formally known as Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Patrick was built to honour Saint Patrick, Ireland’s Patron Saint.
It is the larger of the City's two cathedrals. The Church has designated it as The National Cathedral of Ireland, the other Cathedral, Christ Church, is the diocesan cathedral of the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough.
The Cathedral w... More
Croke Park is a sports stadium located in Dublin, Since 1884 it has been used primarily by the GAA to host Gaelic, most notably the annual finals of the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship and Senior Hurling Championship.
Croke Park started out as a small stadium and had only two stands on and grassy banks all round. In 1917, the rubble from the Easter Rising of 1916 was used to construct a grassy hill on the railway end of Croke Park to afford patrons a bette... More
St Audoen’s Church
Designated a national Monument and currently under restoration, St. Audoen's Church is a medieval church of the parish of St. Audoen. It is located south of the River Liffey at Cornmarket, close to Christ Church.
St Audoen’s is Dublin's earliest surviving medieval church. The 12th-Century tower is believed to be the oldest in Ireland, and its three bells date from 1423. Named after St. Ouen who was the 7th century bishop of Rouen, France and patron s... More
General Post Office (G.P.O.)
The General Post Office is located on O’Connell Street and is the headquarters of the postal service in Ireland.
One of Ireland’s most famous buildings and also one of the last Georgian buildings, it took 3 years to build beginning 1814 and on 6th January 1818, the new post-office in Sackville Street (now O'Connell Street) was opened for business... More
Hugh Lane art Gallery
The Hugh Lane is adjacent to the Castle Hotel on Parnell Square; it is one of Dublin’s best known galleries.
The Gallery is the home to many fantastic collections of works by artists such as Claude Monet, Edgar Degas and Jack B.Yeats, you will get to experience such unique pieces such as a couch made with thousands of hairclips or an oil painting sq... More
Garden Of Remembrance
The Garden of Remembrance is a memorial garden located beside the Castle Hotel on Parnell Square.
The Garden of Remembrance (Irish: An Gairdín Cuimhneacháin) is a memorial garden located on Parnell Square.
The Garden was designed by Dá... More
The Custom House
Located along the River Liffey is Custom House is an 18th century building, which houses the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government
James Gandon was appointed as architect in 1781 and by 7 November 1791 Custom House was open for business. The building has four Facades and is decorated with coats-of-arms and ornamental sculptures (by Edw... More
The Four Courts
Located along the River Liffey on Inns Quay is The Four Courts.
Built between 1786 and 1796 it housed four of Irelands main courts until a new courthouse was built to house the Central Criminal Court in 2010. The Supreme Court, High Court and Dublin Circuit Courts are the remaining courts which are still locat... More
The Convention Centre Dublin
The Convention Centre Dublin is Ireland's first purpose built Convention Centre.
The Convention Centre Dublin offers 22 purpose built meeting rooms that can be used for small corporate meetings to international congresses. The entire centre is finished to the highest standards and the venue also incorporates the late... More
St Michan's Church
St. Michan's Church is best known for its ancient Viking origins, 18th-century organ on which Handel is said to have composed his Messiah and the mummified bodies on display in the crypt.
St. Michan’s church is situated on Church Street behind Dublin’s Four Courts and is the oldest parish church on the north side of the river Liffey. Originally founded in 1095, the present church dates from 1685 and was renovated ... More
Chester Beatty Library
Chester Beatty Library is an art museum and library which houses a great collection of manuscripts, small paintings, drawings, prints, rare books and decorative arts assembled by Sir Alfred Chester Beatty.
Alfred Chester Beatty was born in New York in 1875. As a child he was a collector of Chinese Snuff Bottles, Minerals and stamps, as an adult he began to collect more widely, buying European and Persian manuscripts. In 1914 he and his wife Edith vi... More
The National Wax Museum Plus
The National Wax Museum Plus home of the stars, your heroes and much much more, It is an exciting interactive visitor attraction located in the heart of Dublin's city centre Temple Bar district and just off Dame Street.
The National Wax Museum Plus is an exceptionally original tourist attraction, which has been designed to deliver an interactive experience. The museum is housed over four floors and 13,000 square feet in a historic Foster Place landmark building, ... More
National Gallery of Ireland
The National Gallery holds the national collection of European and Irish fine art.
Located in Merrion Square adjacent to Leinster House, the National Gallery now houses the National collection of historic Irish & European fine art. Over the past 150 years the series of buildings, which make up the Gallery were developed and ... More
The large stainless steel, pin-like monument is better known as “The Spire” but is officially named “The Monument of Light”. It is the world’s tallest sculpture and stands in O’ Connell Street, where Nelson’s Pillar once stood.
In 1999 the Spire was commissioned as part of a redesigned O’ Connell St. A committee under the then chairmanship of the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Joe Doyle, chose the Spire through an international competition from a large number of submissions... More
Grafton Street is one of the two principal shopping streets of Dublin (the other being Henry Street). Located on Dublin’s Southside; between Trinity College and St Stephen's Green.
Home to the famous Molly Malone statue, Grafton Street has a wide variety of great shops. Brown Thomas, one of Dublin’s most famous department stores is located here, the department store catering for many designer showcases, both foreign an... More
Casino at Marin0
The name 'Casino' is the diminutive form of the 18th-century Italian word 'Casa', meaning 'House', thus the Casino at Marino is a 'Little House' located in Marino, Dublin.
Located in Marino, 3 miles north of the city centre, off the Malahide Road, this house was built between 1750s and 1775. It was designed by Scottish architect Sir William Chambers for James Caulfeild, the 1st Earl of Charlemont. Cau... More
The Abbey Church in Parnell Square is more widely known as Findlater's Church in honour of its benefactor, Alexander Findlater. The wine merchant donated money to purchase the land and build the Gothic-style, Presbyterian Church, which opened in 1864.
In the 1860s the growth of the Prebsyterian congregation and a substantial increase in rent on the Mary’s Abbey property made it desirable for the congregation to seek new premises. By the great generosity of Alexander Findlater, the p... More
St Stephen's Green
St Stephen's Green is a large Victorian Public park which was officially opened on July 27th 1880 and is situated in a Georgian Square. It is the largest of the 3 Georgian squares left on the south side at a size of 22 acres.
Before St Stephen's Green became a public park it was a marshy land based on the outskirts of the city. In 1664 a wall was placed around the square and the originally buildings were being replaced with magnificent Georgian buildings to tower over ... More
The National Museum of Ireland - Decorative Arts & History
The National Museum of Ireland - Decorative Arts & History is a branch of the National Museum of Ireland located at the former Collins Barracks, Dublin 7.
The Museum is home to a wide range of objects, which include coins, weaponry, furniture, silver, ceramics and glassware; as well as examples of folklife and costume.
Collins Barracks is as steeped in history as the collections within. T... More
The National Museum of Ireland - Natural History Museum
The National Museum of Ireland - Natural History, sometimes called the Dead Zoo is a branch of the National Museum of Ireland, it is located on Merrion Street in Dublin 2.
The Museum houses galleries of animals from Ireland and overseas, also geological exhibits from a total collection of about 2 million scientific specimens.
The Natural History building was built in 1856 to house the Royal Dublin Society&rs... More
The National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology
The National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology is a branch of the National Museum of Ireland located on Kildare Street in Dublin 2.
The Museum is repository for all archaeological objects found in Ireland and home to over two million artefacts.
The Museum itself is an architectural landmark; it was custom-built as a museum and opened its doors to the public on 29th Aug... More
The Science Gallery is located at Trinity College. Since opening in 2008. over one million people have visited the gallery making it one of the top free cultural attractions in Ireland.
Professor Mike Coey and his colleagues at Trinity Research centre launched the gallery on two floors of the Naughton Institute. It holds many exhibitions to promote public awareness of the relationship between science and art and their contr... More
The Castle Hotel, Gardiner Row/Great Denmark St, Dublin 1, Ireland Tel: +353(0)1 874 6949 email@example.com
- Castle Hotel Events